DH Companies, LLC – Remote
Reports: Director of Interior Design
Your Career with DH Companies
We are looking for a remote position for a creative hospitality designer to help us work on a new luxury resort brand! Projects include all aspects of a resort: guestrooms, suites, lobbies, restaurants, bars, pools, spa, conference space, BOH, and corporate offices.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited Interior Design/Architecture Program
- Minimum 5-9 years of experience in a broad range of hospitality design projects; luxury hospitality experience is preferred.
- Experience with creating custom concepts and storytelling for unique hospitality interior environments.
- Experience with drawing interior construction documents in both AutoCAD and Revit and knowledge of putting together a full set of documents with all needed details.
- Knowledge of FF&E providers, specifically as it applies to the hospitality industry.
- Experience with FF&E specifications and requirements needed for high-use areas.
- Project site experience during construction and/or CA experience; reviewing shop drawings and submittals, responding to RFI’s, etc.
- Knowledge of construction materials, MEP systems, and the coordination required to bring a design to reality through all disciplines.
- Energetic, self-starter.
- Strives for personal excellence with individual contribution to team results.
- Passionate, dedicated, reliable, insightful & genuine.
- People person, upbeat & positive outlook.
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional creativity and the ability to develop robust design concepts that tell a compelling story, guiding the design process from initial concept through to project completion.
- Proficiency in communicating conceptual design ideas through 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings, to help stakeholders visualize the result and ensure that design intent is maintained throughout the project.
- A unique approach to designing interior spaces with the ability to specify furniture, lighting, artwork, finishes, and materials that create a cohesive and memorable experience for guests.
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders, including internal teams, consultants, contractors, and fabricators to ensure that overall project objectives are met.
- Effective project coordination skills, with the ability to prioritize deadlines, manage communication and coordination with clients and consultants, and ensure that project milestones are achieved on schedule.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite applications specifically InDesign and Photoshop. Some knowledge of Revit is required. SketchUp and modeling/visual communication skills are highly valued but not required.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects, each with their own unique set of challenges and opportunities. As a key member of our design team, you will play an integral role in every stage of the design process, working collaboratively with colleagues and senior management to create spaces that are both visually stunning and highly functional. You will have a lot of ownership and pride in helping build this new resort brand.
This position can be remote or hybrid out of our headquarters in northern VA. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. We want you to be successful, happy, and fulfilled in your career with DH Companies, and we’ll do everything we can to help you achieve your goals.
Established in 2005, DH Companies is an FF&E project management company headquartered in northern Virginia. We provide Design Services, FF&E and OS&E Procurement, Freight/Logistics, Warehousing, and Installation to support clients across multiple industries, with a specialization in the hospitality industry. Our team is comprised of industry leaders who strive to uphold the highest standards of quality and integrity in everything they do. Together, we are committed to providing a customer experience unparalleled in the industry. We maintain our position as an industry leader and innovator by staying current with trends and new technologies by actively participating in trade associations, conferences, symposiums, and events. Our reputation for having an incredible team of professionals who work with integrity, expertise and dedication has driven our continued growth and evolution as a company, and we are proud to offer our services in every region of the country.
How We Will Help You Grow
We value equality, trust, integrity, honesty, and accountability in all areas of business. Our entire organization runs on the principle that every team member is equal – whether we are in Design, Project Management, Procurement, Freight, Warehousing, Installation, or Recycling. Put simply, we strive for perfection on every project, for every client, in every service category by giving you access and opportunities to make an impact in both your professional and personal life as part of our team.
Giving back to the communities we serve is a core value at DH Companies; the desire to make a positive impact on the world around us. The way we connect with and contribute to our communities is as diverse as our team members – both individually and as a group. We are proud to roll up our sleeves and dedicate our time, resources and energy to lending a helping hand.
Interested candidates, please reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Company Name:||DH Companies, LLC|
|Job Title:||Interior Designer|
|Must Manage Others:||No|
|Date Published:||October 5, 2023|