Stay tuned for 2023 events in the works…
CEUs – March and June
September – Vendor showcase
Five Reasons why you should join NEWH Orange County Regional Group
NEWH is the premier networking resource for the hospitality industry, providing scholarships, education, leadership development, recognition of excellence, and business development opportunities. It’s about Scholarship, Education, and Business Networking…
- When you attend an NEWH OC networking event you build valuable business relationships.
- When you sponsor an NEWH OC event you help to promote and fund scholarship by helping us to grow our membership.
- When you offer to sponsor or give a CEU for NEWH OC, you are giving back to the design community by bringing them vital educational programs.
- When you get involved with NEWH OC you have access to opportunities for personal leadership development by being active on our committees and participation in the NEWH Leadership Conference.
- When you “give back” with your time, financial resources and knowledge, you give NEWH OC and your peers the opportunity to recognize you and celebrate your accomplishment.
Let’s work together to build the Orange County Regional Group. Orange County is a major force in tourism and hospitality. The OC is home to many distinguished architectural and interior design firms involved with hospitality projects around the world. We are more than the sleepy suburb of Los Angeles.
Orange County was shaped by visionary Philip Stanton who brought his plans for a resort town to rival Atlantic City to Huntington Beach in 1904. The city was named for Henry Huntington who brought his Pacific Electric railway to the area. Thus began the tourism industry in Orange County.
Orange County brings in $7.4 billion per year from over 40 million tourists around the world. It is California’s third largest destination. The county has over 55,000 hotel rooms with an average occupancy rate of 70 percent. Home to 42 miles of white sandy beaches OC attracts travelers from around the world with annual events such as U.S. Open of Surfing, the Toshiba Classic and the Pageant of the Masters. Top businesses include Disneyland, Knott’s, the Performing Arts Center, South Coast Plaza, Fashion Island, several world class resorts and even our airport– all designed to take in a growing tourism industry. Quoting Steve Bone, President and CEO at Huntington Beach Marketing and Visitors Bureau, as well as one of the developers of both the Hyatt and Hilton hotels in Huntington Beach (Register OC Metro June 1, 2011):
“We have this wonderful Mediterranean-type weather pattern that is actually better than the Mediterranean. It would be very difficult to find any county or jurisdiction in the world that has the combination of weather, attractions, beaches, retail and lifestyle.”
Social Media – Follow us!
Facebook NEWH/Orange County