Southfield – High Point, NC
Southfield, a leading supplier of seating products for the hospitality industry, is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and professional Vice President of Finance. A private company, Southfield blends the craftmanship of residential, with the durability expected of hospitality furnishings.
As a highly touted leader in hospitality, Southfield is one of a few companies qualified to service world renowned brands, including Hilton, Marriott, International Hotels Group and Hyatt.
This position offers a top salary, considerable opportunity for commissions, profit sharing, excellent benefits, and 401-K with matching.
The VP of Finance is responsible for the accounting, human resources, and administrative operations of the organization. This position is responsible for all accounting activities including financial reporting, treasury, and tax. In addition, the VP of Finance manages accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger functions. This role is highly visible throughout the company. This position requires strong analytical skills, a deep understanding of manufacturing operations and proficiency in financial management.
The VP of Finance also oversees Human Resource programs, including recruiting/employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, recognition programs, and training programs.
The candidate must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a finance leadership role, preferably in furniture manufacturing. A 4-year degree in Finance or Accounting is mandatory, with coursework in Human Resources; advanced degrees in Finance and/or MBA is preferred. 5+ years of manufacturing experience is required. Experience working in a Private Ownership environment is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Maintain procedures to ensure accurate month-end, quarterly and year-end closings (production, inventory, expense accruals, etc.).
- Manage daily cash requirements to maximize cash flow.
- Oversees the accounts payable and accounts receivable departments, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of invoices, payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance. Ensures the accurate application of customer receipts.
- Ensures company’s financial statements are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Maintain Bill of Materials for manufacturing and sales departments.
- Performs inventory related cost analysis and auditing – Reviews invoices for accuracy and impact on cost structures. Research issues and variances with Purchasing Manager. Report this information as needed and updates Cost Sheets/BOM.
- Monitor the conduction of regular inventory counts to ensure appropriate controls and in place and reconcile discrepancies.
- Conduct new team member orientation by providing information on the company history, standards, policies, procedure, and team member benefit programs.
- Manages the employee compensation programs including health, voluntary insurance coverages, and 401k plan.
- Oversees the workers’ compensation program, assists in compilation of information for carriers to review certificates or insurance, payroll records and data for auditing purposes.
- Manages payment of medical providers, workers’ compensation wages, workers’ compensation ratings and other costs associated with claims, prepares manual payroll audit, and assigns proper workers’ compensation codes for carrier.
- Collects and inputs all new hire paperwork in compliance with employment law regulations.
- This position manages a team of 5 direct employees.
Other Skills and Requirements
- Ability to support a cross-functional plant and sales management team.
- Proven ability to prioritize objectives and duties. A willingness to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and changing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound planning and organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management, risk management, safety, insurance practices and laws relating to liability and casualty insurance; thorough knowledge of safety OSHA and state and federal rules and guidelines related to personnel and human resource management.
- Strong IT experience including exceptional Excel skills and full Microsoft Office Suite Products, as well as QuickBooks and AS400.
- 401-k matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Email resume to: Penny Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Title:||Vice President of Finance|
|Must Manage Others:||Yes|
|Date Published:||October 24, 2023|