Focus Design Interiors – Atlanta, GA
Travel Requirements: Attend all Project Site Walks, Presentations, and Installations
Preferred Years of Experience: 6+ years of Interior Design (Revit experience a must)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and collaborate with project manager and client to establish project goals and objectives including design intent, schedule, and budget parameters.
- Develop space plan with team which meets client’s goals and objectives, building constraints and applicable codes, elevations, sketches and architectural details that illustrate the design intent and use of materials.
- Immerse yourself in, and share knowledge of current design trends, products, construction systems and building codes.
- Research and select color, finish, and materials for project designs.
- Perform market research to understand trends and demographics of projects.
- Schedule routine check-ins and/or verification tasks with team to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Teach technical design skills and share knowledge of implementing conceptual designs into realistic details.
- Work alongside architects and other consultants for coordination of projects from start to finish.
- Share knowledge of design library and resources.
- Develop project designs and present to clients.
- Develop and maintain relationships and maintain timely communication skills with clients and other consultants.
- Effectively oversee communication between project design team, drawing coordinators, clients, vendors, and other consultants to coordinate design requirements and construction documents.
- Teach and share knowledge of FFE skills through amenity, model, and exterior designs.
- Create and teach others knowledge of job cost worksheets for FFE contracts.
- Teach knowledge of scale and proportion regarding drawings, furniture, and other design selections.
- Oversee and teach the redlining process on construction document sets.
- CA Responsibility; share knowledge of coordination of RFP’s, RFI’s, shop drawings, etc.
- Perform site surveys for measurements and documentation.
- Travel for site walks, presentations, and installations.
- Oversee and teach project scheduling skills and the awareness of continuing a timely design process.
- Train and share knowledge with junior designers, interior designers, and project managers.
- Facilitate implementation of schematic plans into design software such as AutoCAD or Revit.
- Prepares for regular project team meetings pertaining to project tasks, deliverables and milestones.
- Understands and demonstrates the need for open and direct communication both verbally and in writing
- Understands and demonstrates the value and need to keep all team members informed of status of project and deliverables.
- Keeps open communication with all team members, monitoring work, lending feedback, redlining corrections and reiterating/teaching the approved processes and procedures that are to be followed.
- Regularly reviews and checks sets of their team deliverables for accuracy, efficiency and thoroughness ensuring team is delivering a high-quality product.
- Leads team meetings to ensure all team members are participating and lending feedback. Motivates them and pushes them to bring ideas and solutions to table.
- Demonstrates a highly organized and systematic approach to producing a project. Understands the necessity to keep team and project tasks lists updated and complete.
- Demonstrates a high degree of time management skill and constantly seeks to streamline processes and procedures to increase quality and efficiency.
- Keeps Management team apprised of all project or HR issues that impact team dynamics or project goals.
- Has proven capability to troubleshoot problems on site and make quality recommendations to correct and move project forward without compromising design intent. Ability to hand sketch solutions on site that take into consideration all the areas that will be impacted by changes applying sound critical-thinking skills.
- Consistently follows FDI processes and procedures for tracking changes during construction, issuing addendums, clouding drawings, documenting transmittals, responding to RFI, and organizing project files so that they are readily accessible to all members of the team.
- Is experienced in both renovation and new construction and is comfortable and confident in the role as “lead of the project” in outside team meetings with Clients, Client’s Management Team, Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Procurement, Signage Contractors. Participates in group conversations as a valuable member, lending feedback, troubleshooting, brainstorming, offering technical information that is well founded utilizing knowledge of design trends and industry standards.
Interested candidates, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1990, Focus Design Interiors, Inc. has sustained a leading-edge business model based on the accomplishments of properties in the commercial, hospitality, residential, and corporate real estate markets throughout the United States. With over sixty years of combined experience encompassing interior design, architecture, and marketing, Focus Design is a thriving, award-winning architectural interior design firm. Our services include interior design, procurement, and renderings.
1159 Logan Circle NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
|Company Name:||Focus Design Interiors|
|Job Title:||Senior Interior Designer|
|Must Manage Others:||No|