Harken Interiors – Chicago, IL
Position: SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER / PROJECT MANAGER (7+ years of experience)
Harken Interiors is seeking a dedicated, detailed, and dynamic senior designer/ project manager interested in working across multiple design sectors who brings with them a background in hospitality design and experience leading teams, managing multiple projects, and supporting business development.
Founded in 2015, Harken Interiors derives its name from hearken, meaning to listen. We believe in the tremendous power of collaboration, an integrated approach that starts with the client’s vision and extends to each person whose product, idea, or service contributes to the success of the project.
We bring a sophisticated, fresh, thoughtful sensibility to research, design, and execution. Spanning hospitality, multifamily residential, and senior living design, our work is diverse and always detailed. We pride ourselves on being imaginative, energetically invested, and emotionally resonant.
Harken Interiors is seeking an innovative, hard-working designer interested in working in both hospitality, multifamily, and luxury senior living. The ideal candidate will bring creative energy to our client-focused team and share responsibility for the programming, conceptualization, development, and integration of our design solutions. The selected designer will play a critical role in space planning, interior architectural design, presentation and graphic development, furniture and fixture coordination and selection, client meetings, and project management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to developing overall design direction for projects; directing and mentoring junior designers through all project phases; reviewing drawings of consultants and junior designers to ensure integrity of overall design and design details; leading conceptual research and development; preparing, managing, and maintaining CAD plans and elevations; researching and sourcing furniture and materials; overseeing, writing, and finalizing specifications in Studio Designer; directs preparation of purchase orders and FF&E tracking; ensures adherence to budget and informs project director of potential variances; and preparing content and graphics for client presentations and integrating all client feedback. You will also be responsible for organizing electronic files, documenting project communication, providing activity status reports, and assisting in field surveys and project installations. As a senior level designer, you will participate in client meetings such as project intakes and presentations as well as serve as ongoing client support for design specifications and point person for trade contacts.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelors degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, or Architecture from an accredited program
- A minimum of seven years of work experience in a design firm with demonstrated success in drawing and FF&E through multiple phases of the design process
- Hard-working and self-motivated with a positive and collaborative attitude; ability to foster a cohesive team spirit among designers
- Strong time-management and organizational skills and the ability to work thoroughly and quickly
- Capacity to work self-sufficiently and think independently
- Exceptional communication and client management skills
- Strong graphic and presentation skills
- Ability to research and select FF&E for both commercial and residential applications; create specifications, develop and min budgets and cost estimates, and purchase and track FF&E
- Aptitude in detailing and contract administration
- Strong understanding of design principles, theory, and the commercial/hospitality construction documentation process
- Balance of creativity and practicality in producing, refining, and finalizing space plans
- Ability to complete a full architectural drawing set
- Extensive knowledge of building systems, codes, and ADA requirements
- Flexibility to manage multiple deadlines as the project coordinator for multiple projects in various stages of development
- Extensive knowledge in Microsoft Office, Auto CAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch Up or an alternate 3D Modeling program, Studio Designer
- Spanish speaking is a plus
Interested and qualified candidates, please send resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Combined size not to exceed 10 MB. Please include at least 2 references.
|Company Name:||Harken Interiors|
|Job Title:||Senior Interior Designer/Project Manager|
|Must Manage Others:||No|