source – Portland, OR
Why Join Us?
Source is the leading industry procurement and decision management tool, enabling commercial architects and designers to streamline design and project execution processes, from discovery to delivery. We provide industry-leading data, on-demand experts, and manufacturer connections needed to make fast and stress-free product decisions. Our procurement operations team then turns these decisions into reality, helping to deliver successful projects for our clients.
What We’re Looking For
Source is looking to hire a qualified Senior Account Manager to cover Washington, Northern Idaho, Montana, and Alaska. This is a full-time remote position, with attendance at in-person events and travel required. The Senior Account Manager will be responsible for managing the growth of our procurement revenue in those regions. They will have assigned accounts and will expand our account base through developing and maintaining long-term relationships with Owners, Architects, and Designers working on procurement projects.
The applicant must be based in the Seattle metro area and must be available to attend industry events, in-person demos, and a variety of other sales related activities.
The salary range for this position is $100,000 – $110,000 per year, plus commissions.
The role will report to the Director of Sales and will be focused on, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Meet or exceed defined team sales targets for the company
- Track account and project activity in quarterly pipeline
- Develop sales contacts and project leads
- Manage multiple accounts with creating and tracking sales opportunities with the accounts within the defined territory
- Maintain and manage accounts and projects opportunities in Source CRM (Salesforce)
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams to understand customer goals and meet and exceed key performance metrics
- Qualify projects and clients to close projects and contracts with clients
- Assist with procurement sales and help to facilitate the meeting of client objectives
- Review all leads lists and add or remove targets as needed
- Determine top targets for outreach
- Schedule meetings with key decision makers
- Collaborate with team on comprehensive pitch deck and other needed sales tools
- Create sales plans targeting high growth accounts
- Establish deep understanding of the marketplace and its competitors
- Build relationships with clients to ensure success, including but not limited to, social media management, direct outreach and updates, community event attendance, and local professional organization participation
- Provide regular updates, respond to inquiries, and address any client concerns in a timely manner
- Ensure client satisfaction and retention
- Attend trade shows and other industry events to network and grow product knowledge
- Generate new revenue and increase existing revenue within a specific geographic market
We believe that a successful Senior Account Manager will find themselves saying “that’s me!” to many of the attributes below:
- Enjoy building relationships – you should enjoy meeting new people, networking, and proactively reaching out to new companies and contacts to build interpersonal relationships
- Enjoy hunting for new prospects and digging through leads to piece together new sales opportunities
- Comfortable working autonomously – you are the kind of person who will jump right in, but is not afraid to ask questions along the way
- Take pride in clear and professional communication – whether it is by Slack, email, phone call, or face to face, you value making sure your message is heard and understood, while being empathetic to those receiving it
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – effectively communicate ideas, information, and concepts in a variety of presentation settings.
- Feel comfortable working across multiple projects and able to balance a healthy level of inbound and outbound activities to support projects deadlines and/or company goals
This list should generally speak to who you are:
- 7+ years of sales experience within the A+D community
- Familiarity with and knowledge of the construction industry, sales cycles, and key stakeholders
- Experience building and growing a sales pipeline
- Ability to consistently meet or exceed sales goals
- Comfortable communicating with clients, and team members in-person, electronically (email, Slack, etc) and over the phone or via video conferencing
- Ability to work in a dynamic constantly evolving environment
- Comfortable working with remote team members and management
- Proven track record of sales and technical knowledge
Communicable Disease Safety Protocols
Source is committed to protecting employees during a communicable disease outbreak, such as Covid-19. It is the goal of the company during any such time period to strive to operate effectively and ensure that all essential services are continuously provided and that employees are safe within the workplace. We will provide employees with best practices and mandatory procedures during periods of heightened disease control as quantified by the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Source asks all employees to cooperate in taking steps to reduce the transmission of infectious diseases in the workplace by following our procedures and wearing appropriate PPE. We will ensure a clean workplace, including the regular cleaning of objects, and areas that are frequently used, such as bathrooms, break rooms, conference rooms, door handles and railings. Source will stay abreast of guidance from federal, state and local health agencies and communicate updates and changes to our employees.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to use keypad and keyboard for extended periods of time
- Vision and hearing to normal range (or corrected)
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of items weighing up to 40 lbs with reasonable accommodations
- May require longer work hours during high-volume work cycles
- Some travel, up to 25%
Our Core Values | Do hard things.
Unable to accept the status quo
Ask questions, find out the why and the how behind the what. Never settle for “that’s the way it is.” And rely on the people around you for help answering your questions. Everyone on the team is working hard, and moving fast, and yet always has time to support each other.
Accountable to execute
We are a team that believes execution eats strategy for breakfast. As a fast paced start up we take calculated risks, and make good investments with our time. We play the long game, flex on strategy when needed, and we always get things done to move the company forward.
Respectful instant feedback
Treat all people with respect, especially if you don’t yet know their story. We have direct, respectful conversations to hold each other accountable with instant + continuous feedback.
Flexible + embrace change
At Source the only thing constant is change. If you don’t like the way something works, don’t worry, it won’t be that way for long. And if you do like the way something works, well we have news for you…you may be creating an even better system soon.
Strong + passionate team
We nurture strong teams that work hard to execute and put out work that we are proud to tell our clients, investors, our network, and the world about. When possible we shout it from the rooftops. What we do, we do well.
Interested candidates, please reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Title:||Senior Account Manager|
|Must Manage Others:||No|