Arcsine – Oakland, CA
RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB DESCRIPTION
A successful Intermediate Interior Designer will demonstrate mounting technical knowledge and creative vision while working independently, or with light oversight in hospitality-focused renovation and new build projects. Under the direction of a Senior Designer, Director and/or Principal in Charge, the Intermediate Interior Designer will successfully participate in developing concepts, proposing, and exploring design solutions through all phases of work from concept through construction administration. They must exhibit personal responsibility and accountability but embrace open communication and team-oriented success.
Proficient Intermediate Interior Designer at Arcsine:
- Participates in developing a project concept and strategy for both large and small projects, and along with the Senior lead, sets direction that meet both the client’s vision and budget
- With limited oversight, develops visual presentation material that clearly communicates design ideas to client and that is in line with project contracts and scope of work
- With limited oversight, budgets for, sources and specifies appropriate FF&E and finishes for projects, both for independent and brand-based projects
- Prepares FF&E Matrices for hospitality guestroom projects
- Develops and works with Senior Designer to execute overall artwork concepts
- With light direction, designs and details custom furniture, lighting, and millwork. Reviews furniture installation plans and shop drawings to ensure coordination with architectural and consultant drawings.
- Shows proficiency in studying modeling and/or perspective hand sketches to quickly describe a space and design intent
- Participates in the production of detailed construction drawing sets in conjunction with the Architectural and Consultant teams demonstrating understanding of the drawing/documentation process.
- Under the direction of the Senior Designer or Director, participates in construction administration phase by accurately reviewing and approving GC/PA submittals, RFIs, procurement coordination and responding to general project inquiries demonstrating strong knowledge of this process.
- With moderate supervision, participates in on-site meetings with Owner, Consultants or Contractor for coordination, construction, or FF&E installation review as necessary
Developing Project Manager/ Rising Team Leader
- Can proficiently engage in client correspondence, clearly communicating (written and verbal) project progress, needs and issues.
- Showcases professionalism in interfacing with clients, consultants, vendors, and internal staff
- Shows clear understanding of and adheres to project scope of work documents, differentiation documents and project schedules
- Attends team meetings and is able to monitor individual deliverables against task lists and the project contract
- Reviews weekly staffing, completes work and makes adjustment based on deliverable progress
- Completes work within allocated time and/or notifies senior staff as needed. Meets key milestones and deadlines consistently.
- Provides direction to junior staff on daily appropriate design solutions, materials and details that meet project appropriateness
- Under the direction of the others, participates in design presentations to clients, effectively communicating vision, programming, and design details
- Typically have 4-7 years of experience in Hospitality Design. Hotel and Restaurant experience is a preferred.
- Bachelors’ degree or MA in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school
- NCIDQ certified, or in process of obtaining certification
- Demonstrated software proficiency including AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch Up and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to sketch and draw by hand
- Experience working in Spexx is a plus
- Ability to work independently and effectively meet deadlines
This is a full-time position. Arcsine has work-from-home flexibility, however, candidates should expect to be in-office at our Oakland office 3-4 days per week. Project site visits in the region will also be required periodically.
Intermediate – $73,000 – $90,000
Interested candidates, please reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Title:||Intermediate Interior Designer|
|Must Manage Others:||No|
|Date Published:||October 3, 2023|