Fellowship is bestowed on NEWH members who have made notable contributions to the Hospitality Industry, not only through their work, but through their demonstrated commitment to NEWH.
The application process is held every other year and is conducted by the Chair of the College of Fellows together with a jury of selected members of the College. Fellows will be inducted at the biennial Leadership Conference.
Criteria / Eligibility
- A current member in good standing of NEWH and has been a member for 10 consecutive years or more.
- Nominee must exhibit the highest level of ethical conduct and professionalism in the Hospitality Industry. Examples of these items must be included in the nomination form, along with a minimum of three (3) letters of references from NEWH members in good standing endorsing the nomination, and two (2) other references from Hospitality Industry professionals.
- Nominee must have excellent leadership skills.
- Nominee must have contributed to mentoring at least two (2) individuals in the Hospitality Industry.
A Fellowship nomination can be made by a Chapter Board, an NEWH member, or can be a self-nomination.
- June 2023 – Nominations open
- October 31 – Deadline for candidates to submit nomination packet
- November/December – Jury meets
- January 15, 2024 – Fellow recipients informed
- Fellow recipients recognized at the NEWH Leadership Conference (biennial) in Spring of 2024
Online Nomination Form (will open in June 2023). The Nomination Form includes:
Section 1: Introduction
Profile: Nominee and Nominating Member Information
Fellowship nominations can be made made by a Chapter board, an NEWH member, or can be a self-nomination. The Nominator (i.e. the individual responsible for coordinating and submitting the online nomination materials) must be a NEWH member in good standing. In the case of a chapter board nomination, the chapter board will select a board member member to be the contact person.
Statement of Achievement
The Statement of Achievement is limited to 200 words on one page, to include a list of the Nominee’s accomplishments which must show achievements on a National or International level in the area of Hospitality. The list should validate the contributions that the Nominee has made to NEWH and the Hospitality Industry.
Section 2: Documentation of Career and Personal Accomplishments
Part A: Involvement with NEWH, Inc.
The Nominee must include in this section 5 ways that they have had a leading role in the advancement of the mission of NEWH (education, mentoring, etc.) and any leadership roles held at the Chapter Level or the International Level.
Part B: Service and Volunteerism
Nominee to include a bulleted list of their volunteer contributions and philanthropic participation outside of NEWH.
Part C: Recognition
Nominee to include bulleted list of significant awards, honors, and recognition that the nominee has received throughout their career.
Section 3: References
Letters of Reference:
Include three (3) letters of references from NEWH members in good standing endorsing the nomination, and two (2) other references from Hospitality Industry professionals.
stay tuned – nominations open Summer 2023
Nominations due October 31, 2023